Prime Striploin Roast- this roast is tender and full of rich flavor.
Follow these cooking instructions below:
- Season the meat on all sides.
- Place the roast with the fat side up on a roasting pan with a rack. You don’t want the roast touching the bottom of the pan.
- Next, place the roast in the preheated 450 degree F oven. Cook for about 20 minutes at that heat, then lower the heat to 325 degrees F, without opening the door.
- Then, cook the roast until the meat thermometer inserted reaches about 140 degrees F. This should take approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours. This will vary depending on the size of your roast.
- Remove the roast from the oven and allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes. You want to give it time for the juices to redistribute.
- Once the meat has rested you can slice it.